What is the Troy Area Chamber of Commerce?
The Troy Area Chamber of Commerce is a membership organization dedicated to the promotion, education and general welfare of its business members and the Troy area community. With over 450 members, the chamber’s vision is to promote a healthy business environment while encouraging new business and industrial growth within the area.
The chamber encourages community betterment and serves as the contracted economic development and tourism entity for the City of Troy. The chamber has various committees for those wanting to get involved for a better community. The most active include economic development and legislative affairs. The chamber supports many activities including the Lincoln County Fair, the “Newcomer’s Guide to Troy” and “Leadership Troy.”
The chamber staff includes Executive Director, Rachel South. Directing business development/expansion programs, tourism activities and economic development programs for Troy, as well as establish value-added membership programs and activities for the Chamber. For more information, call 636-462-TROY (8769).
Who Should Be A Member?
- Any business that is located in the Troy area, so that we can be your business advocate, your information center and your networking organizer.
- Any business that comes into the community to do business, because you have a strong stake in the area economy.
- Schools, so students and families may benefit from joint efforts to increase partnership and educational enrichment opportunities.
- Organizations which serve or work in the area, so we may all work together to benefit the people here.
- Professionals, because you rely on benefits provided to employees in the area and care about the people who live and work here.
- Tourism oriented, retail and service businesses, so we may recommend your establishment to the many people who seek information about the area.
- Retired business people are welcomed at special individual rates, because we need your expertise to remain available to the Troy community and our business organization.
Why Should My Business Join?
The Troy Area Chamber of Commerce is already working on your behalf if you live or work in this area. We can be most effective if we represent all businesses which have an impact on this economic area.
The Chamber is not a social club, but an organization which will work to multiply your effectiveness in the community as the area becomes stronger through its efforts to increase economic, financial and educational excellence.
Membership is an investment in your future! Privileges of membership include the weekly newsletter, the Weekend Chamber Update, to which you may submit information about your business and the people in it, business referrals, area employment information, Visitor/Relocation Information (Newcomer’s Guide), Group/Targeted Marketing for Small Businesses, Community Profile/Economic Development Information, Discount Packages on Various Services, Networking Opportunities, Leadership Troy Program, Special Events such as the MidAmerica Youth Basketball Tournament, Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies/Groundbreakings, Informational Programs at Monthly Meetings and much, much more!