Please join us for the 56th Annual Lincoln County Fair parade through Downtown Troy on Sunday July 10th at 5pm. This annual event draws thousands of people to the community to kick off the week-long Lincoln County Fair.
THEME: “There’s No Place Like the Fair”
General Parade Information:
Route: The route will be East on West College to Main, South on Main to Monroe, East on Monroe to Troy City Park. A map will appear in the Lincoln County Journal and on http://www.troyonthemove.com and http://www.lincolncountyfair.net by July 1st.
Entry Details: Judged floats will be those who return completed attached entry form by July 6th. General entries DO NOT need to complete an entry form and will NOT be judged. General entries must arrive by 4pm for line-up. Semis and Political entries must arrive by 3pm on the day of the parade and must notify Megan at 314-540-0088 that you will be participating. Walkers can join you closer to start time but the vehicle needs to be present by 3pm.
All vehicles that will go through parade route MUST enter for line-up Through the Clonts Field entrance off Hwy. 47. Drop-Off Vehicles and Parking will need to be found elsewhere.
GENERAL RULES & REGULATIONS:
- City Ordinances should be followed, specifically no items being thrown to spectators during the parade, including candy. Those wishing to distribute items must have persons walking to hand out items.
- Participants and spectators must obey directions from City and/or County Police Officers.
- Parade route ends at Troy Buchanan High School so please coordinate pick-up and drop-off at the High School. Individuals are not allowed to ride on floats while being towed outside of parade route including through town or on Hwy. 61. Outside of the parade route, drivers and motorcyclist must have a license and be insured and motorcyclists must wear helmets.
- The parade officials REQUIRE those entering horses provide clean-up crew or have horses wear a catch apparatus. If clean-up crew or catch apparatus is not provided then horse entries will be put at the end of the parade line-up. (for horses at the end of the route please keep your horses in the shade and watered until 5:50pm and then come up to line-up area)
- All vehicles (excluding Semis) that will go through parade route MUST enter for line-up through the Clonts Field entrance off Hwy. 47. Drop-Off Vehicles and Parking will need to be found elsewhere.
- Business and Political entries are limited to two units. A unit is described as any motorized or horse drawn conveyance. A pull vehicle and connected trailer are considered one unit.
- Bikes and motorcycles must not be operated recklessly and must stay within parade diameters by not driving close to the crowd.
- If entries/vehicles would like to go through parade route together, entries/vehicles must arrive together.
- Parade entries must be dressed and act in a family friendly, G Rated, manner.
- Animals must be constrained and kept on float at all times during parade route.
2016 Parade Entry Form
2016 Parade Maps
General Parade Questions call (314)540-0088
Judged Float Questions call (636)462-8769.